From the Ground Up Get Inspired by Marsha Marsh's StoryApr 26, 2021
There’s a lot of freedom that comes with starting a small business. You can set your own hours and be your own boss. Marsha Marsh took the leap after finding herself in a job that restricted her from being there for her family as much as she wanted. She left that job and started her own real estate company. She and her son Laban Marsh join The CoLab hosts Megan Marsh and Andres Munar in this episode to share the story behind establishing Marsha Marsh Real Estate Services from the ground up!
Freedom. It’s a driving force behind the decision to start a business for many people. It’s the reward for taking a leap of faith and trying something new. There’s no one right way to start a business and there’s no right time to do so either. When Marsha Marsh’s job didn’t afford her the flexibility she wanted nearly 15 years ago, she made a leap of her own into real estate and hasn’t looked back. So what does it take to start and run a successful family business from the ground up? Marsha and her son Laban share their story and reflect on their business journey with The CoLab.
Ready to dive in? Here’s what we’re covering in this episode of The CoLab:
- [00:29] Introducing Marsha and Laban Marsh, a mother and son who have worked together to follow their business dreams and grow Marsha Marsh Real Estate Services into a successful family business.
- [07:32] There’s a lot to be afraid of when starting a new business. But sometimes the fear of staying in a job where you’re not happy can be an excellent motivator.
- [13:35] Small businesses face a lot of hurdles, but with the right partners—and help from a business coach—those obstacles can be overcome.
- [20:11] Mentorship can be key to success. As a business owner, you want to find people who will make you as a person better. Your business will be better, too, because of it.
- [29:52] In a way, business is like a two-way street. Sometimes people will come to you, but you can’t be afraid to ask for business.
- [ 35:21] If starting a business is one of your dreams, talk to someone who can meet you at a human level and help you take that first step toward founding a business.
What about you? Did you start from the ground up? Do you know someone who did? Share the story with us and let other people get inspired too...