Grow Your Business through the Power of PodcastingFeb 17, 2021
While many small businesses are vying for customers’ attention through traditional mediums and social media channels, there’s another platform you can use to promote your business: podcasts. This week, The CoLab Podcast hosts Megan Marsh and Andres Munar are joined by Phil Treadwell, the National Director of Sales and Innovation and Strategy for Thrive Mortgage. Treadwell hosts the Mortgage Marketing Expert podcast and has plenty of tips for small business owners to get started recording their own and grow your business through podcasting.
The popularity of podcasts has exploded in recent years, but they’re not just for true crime aficionados or newshounds. Podcasts can be a very valuable marketing tool to businesses of any size. To help you get started on your own podcast, The CoLab hosts Megan Marsh and Andres Munar welcome Phil Treadwell, the National Director of Sales and Innovation and Strategy for Thrive Mortgage and host of the Mortgage Marketing Expert podcast.
Ready to dive in? Here’s what we’re covering in this episode of The CoLab:
- [01:33] Introducing Phil Treadwell, host of the Mortgage Marketing Expert podcast and founder of Industry Syndicate, which is the first podcast network for real estate and mortgage professionals.
- [06:46] Podcasting (and other types of content such blogs) can serve as a means of getting your business name out there simply because it’s content that pops up in internet searches in addition to your business website or social media.
- [12:36] Starting a podcast requires the right mindset: abundance. As in, there is an abundance of business out there for entrepreneurs, so you’ll need to shed the belief that offering tips and resources is giving away your business’ proprietary information.
- [15:17] If the podcast you want includes interviews with industry experts or other types of guests, getting them on the show comes down to a simple bit of advice: Just ask. You never know who will say yes.
- [27:48] Starting a podcast doesn’t require investing in expensive sound recording equipment. A pair of earbuds and a recording app on your smartphone are all you need to get started.
- [32:28] Podcasts aren’t a short-term marketing solution. If you think it would be a good fit for you and your business, be prepared to invest time in producing and releasing your content and growing your audience.
Are you going to grow your business through podcasting? Let us know in the comments below. And share this with someone who needs it!