How To Successfully Brand Your BusinessSep 27, 2020
Building a brand can be challenging for entrepreneurs of any industry. TheCoLab hosts Megan Marsh and Andres Munar welcome special guest, Scott Hudspeth, an entrepreneur and author, for a discussion on what decisions drive the building of a successful brand.
Having a successful business is about more than just chasing money. It requires building a brand that consumers can trust and that inspires employees to be the best they can be while working for you.
Scott Hudspeth, entrepreneur and author of Millionaire Loan Officer and Agent Mastermind, joins The CoLab hosts Megan Marsh and Andres Munar in this episode. Together, the trio tackle the topics of establishing and building a brand, being persistent and consistent in brand building, and trusting others to help you reach your entrepreneurial goals.
Ready to dive in? Here’s a preview of this episode of The CoLab:
- [04:39] Consumers are more savvy than ever thanks to technology at their fingertips. Selling to them is no longer enough. Consumers want to be coached and educated when considering purchases.
- [09:20] When people go from having a job to survive to building their own business, they may still find themselves in survival mode and take the path of least resistance instead of continuing to build up their company, according to Scott.
- [11:50] “I could have said ‘I’m done,’ but I’m thankful for that time because I think it showed me there is no get-rich-quick scheme. You have to be very, very, very focused, surround yourself with a small village to grow, and you have to have people hold you accountable.” — Scott Hudspeth.
- [15:50] Start today and put yourself out there. Social media is a mirror. It shows people who they are on a social platform. Be yourself and remind people of what you do for a living in a way that makes them want to work with you and recommend you to others.
- [21:35] We spend our whole childhood being told not to talk to strangers. We’re fighting that nature when we try to reach out and market to potential customers.
- [27:25] A major misconception of brand marketing is that you need social media. You don’t. You need a phone, you need to connect and engage with people.
To access the resources mentioned in the podcast, join our group on Facebook.
Rate, Review, & Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
If you liked what you heard please consider rating and reviewing our show! This helps us support more people — just like you — move toward the business and life they want to have. Click here, then scroll to the bottom of that page, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. We adding new episodes weekly to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!