Talita Guerrero: Overcoming the OddsJun 28, 2021
There are many ways a person can overcome the odds. Adversity has been a recurring element of Talita Guerrero’s life. Her family moved to the United States when she was 12, and she’s spent the last 20 years overcoming challenge after challenge to get where she is today: a successful business owner. Talita shares her story and advice for starting a business and achieving your goals with The CoLab hosts Megan Marsh and Andres Munar.
Passion. Ingenuity. Drive. The list of qualities for a successful business owner can go on and on. Among those qualities, Talita Guerrero has found resilience has carried her through many challenges she’s faced in life and in starting a business. She is currently a senior loan officer and partner at Right Key Mortgage LLC. The road to her success has been filled with ups and downs, but each came with a lesson that she has used to run her business and help others in her community reach their potential.
Ready to dive in? Here’s what we’re covering in this episode of The CoLab:
- [02:08] Introducing Talita Guerrero, a senior loan officer and partner at Right Key Mortgage LLC. Talita has been in the mortgage business for over a decade and serves as a member of the Forbes Boston business council.
- [10:15] Building and learning a business or industry isn’t instant, but that pursuit of instant gratification is something that Talita says finds herself encountering as she mentors young or new loan officers in her business.
- [16:10] “I always wanted to be a business owner. I wanted to go into business for myself and create a legacy.” — Talita Guerrero.
- [24:40] As part of her passion for helping others, Talita has established a scholarship fund to help dreamers (as defined by the DREAM Act)—people who may not otherwise qualify for a scholarship.
- [35:32] If giving back to your community is important to you as a business owner, consider getting involved with mentorship opportunities. Your help could be the key to unlocking someone else’s success.
What are your stories about overcoming the odds?
Connect with The CoLab at www.thecolablife.com or on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.