Productivity Apps To Use And Why They Are ImportantApr 28, 2021
In a world of distractions, it can feel impossible to make any headway in your business some days. Staying on track when you’re being asked questions, checking up on projects, and meeting with clients is challenging. Luckily, there are endless productivity tools and apps you can use to help keep yourself organized and working toward your goals.
The phrase “productivity app” typically refers to a phone app or software that allows you to get more work done more efficiently. They can range from task managers to email sorters to collaboration spaces. Some have a single function while others are built with many functions in mind for use across a business. There are productivity apps for individual use and for teams. It’s safe to say there are productivity apps for nearly every aspect of business. Adopting them can help you make the most of your limited time and get your business on track to grow.
So what works best for you? Here are 40 apps to help improve your productivity.
- Unroll.Me is an app that creates a list of all your email subscriptions and lets you easily unsubscribe from them. Learn more about it in this CoLab video.
- Evernote is a note-taking app that offers a variety of functions. Notes are captured through writing, recording audio, taking photos, uploading PDFs, sketching digitally, and more.
- Todoist is a task management tool that takes to-do lists from complex to manageable.
- To Do is the successor to the popular but now defunct Wunderlist. This cross-platform task manager includes a daily planner, team sharing, and other functions.
- Trello is a collaborative task manager that allows collaboration among team members and simplifies project management. Learn more about it in this CoLab video.
- Zapier is an app that moves info between your web apps automatically, so you can focus on your most important work.
- Monday is a task manager that lets teams build workspaces around projects and other tasks.
- Taskade is a collaboration platform that focuses on helping you map workflow, letting you take ideas and turn them into projects.
- Microsoft OneNote is a cross-functional notebook for all your notetaking needs that can be divided into sections and comes with an easy search function.
- Google Workspace is a collection of applications such as Google Drive that you can use to digitize your business records and collaborate on projects in real-time on the cloud.
- Start.me extension is an extension for Chrome that turns your new tabs into a landing page for all your bookmarks, news, and other relevant items. Learn more about it in this CoLab video.
- Microsoft Office is a software package featuring business staples such as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Slack is a collaboration platform that allows teams to put all their project discussion in one accessible spot.
- Microsoft Teams is a video conferencing app that allows teams to share and edit files in real-time.
- Basecamp is an app bills itself as an all-in-one toolkit for working remotely, with capabilities that streamline workflow.
- Teamwork is a project management software that is customizable and includes advanced features for tackling projects.
- Doodle is a scheduling tool that lets you send out polls to get meetings scheduled without sending out a million emails between team members.
- Pocket is a productivity app that lets you save and organize websites so you can find them later.
- Loop – Habit Tracker is an app that lets you create and maintain good habits in pursuit of achieving long-term goals.
- Forest is an app that encourages you to stay focused on tasks and off your phone.
- Notion is a collaboration app that includes the ability to make a team wiki, which can serve as a hub for important work documents and policies.
- Serene is a productivity app that encourages you to plan your day, block out distractions, and focus on work you need to get done.
- Spark is an email tool that prioritizes your inbox and reduces the noise and distractions of constant emails.
- Kiwake is an alarm clock app that helps you quit hitting the snooze button and get a head start on being productive.
- TickTick is an organization app that lets you get organized while staying creative and logging your ideas.
- Done is a productivity app that focuses on tracking your habits, allowing you to keep up good ones and kick bad ones.
- Strides is an app that helps you organize and track tasks to build a routine with reminder and motivation functions to keep you on track.
- RescueTime is a productivity app with automatic time-tracking, distraction blocking, and other time management tools.
- Simple Calendar is an app that is exactly what its name implies, an easy-to-use calendar that lets you plan your days your way.
- Cloudapp is a screen-recording software tool that captures your screen and shares it instantly to the cloud.
- Asana is a web and mobile application designed to help teams organize, track, and manage their work.
- Hootsuite is a social media management platform that lets you manage all your company’s social media channels from one app.
- LastPass is a password management app that lets you securely store and access your passwords for all your other apps and websites.
- HelloSign is a productivity app that lets you electronically sign and store important documents.
- Be Focused is an app that lets you create tasks, configure breaks, and track your progress in custom time periods.
- Freedom is a productivity app that blocks distracting websites and app across your devices.
- Things 3 is a task managing app that tracks progress on projects and assists in planning your day.
- Habitica is a task manager that turns completing your work into a video game.
- Any.do is a productivity app with planning and calendar functions.
- Due is a reminder app that lets you quickly create reminders and is relentless in making sure you see them.
Remember, what works for other people might not work for you so keep trying different apps until you find one that complements your work style.
Start Making Additional Income!
Learn how to make a stable source of income for your real estate or mortgage business with this untapped resource.