Virtual Assistants: Your Secret Weapon for SuccessMar 01, 2021
You can’t do everything yourself as a small business owner, and many owners turn to assistants for help managing their workload. But the COVID-19 pandemic transformed bustling offices into ghost towns as many employees shifted to working from home. The new virtual world has business leaders thinking differently about staff and more open to the idea of hiring a virtual assistant. In this episode, The CoLab hosts Megan Marsh and Andres Munar discuss their success with virtual assistants and tips for how you can hire your own.
As the past year has demonstrated, workers in nearly every industry have been able to navigate working from home. But long before the pandemic started, virtual assistants were available to help business owners with a variety of tasks. Virtual assistants can work from anywhere and often have specialities that can help grow your business while costing you less than an internal hire.
Think you could benefit from a virtual assistant or are just curious about how it all works? The CoLab hosts Megan Marsh and Andres Munar cover the basics of virtual assistants, where to find them, and dispel some misconceptions that surround these types of positions.
Ready to dive in? Here’s what we’re covering in this episode of The CoLab:
- [04:03] In the wake of COVID-19, many businesses had to adapt to a virtual format, which opened the door for more small business owners to consider hiring virtual assistants.
- [06:31] Virtual assistants are people you can hire that will perform tasks remotely for your business. They could live in the same city or in a different country. Some are generalists while others have specialities.
- [20:44] Finding virtual assistants can be tricky if you don’t know where to look.
- [25:42] In addition to being cost effective, virtual assistants can provide support to business teams of any size and can be hired to do specific types of work that other employees may not have time to attend to, such as posting on social media.
- [35:13] Learn more about what it’s like being a virtual assistant from Jose, a sound engineer who works as a virtual assistant for Megan and Andres and helps produce The CoLab podcast.
- [50:00] Now hear from Justin, a virtual assistant who helps Megan and Andres with social media and other marketing efforts.
Hiring Resource: Megan and Andres recommend https://www.onlinejobs.ph/ for finding virtual assistants.
What about you? Have you experienced success with virtual assistants? Let us know in the comments below and share your story with us!