Tips for Creating Captivating PresentationsApr 19, 2021
Presentations are the foundation of sale pitches but can fall flat without the right components to keep audiences engaged. As a small business owner, it can be difficult to carve out time to research new resources that will inject life into your presentations and increase engagement. The CoLab hosts Megan Marsh and Andres Munar have given more presentations than they can count. They’re ready to share their tips for creating captivating presentations and the tools that will take your business presentations to the next level.
When it comes to enticing new customers and growing your small business, how you present yourself and your company is everything. Your presentation could be full of interesting and valuable information, but if your delivery and slides don’t hold a potential client’s attention, you may as well be presenting to a wall. So, what’s the key to captivating presentations? The CoLab hosts Megan Marsh and Andres Munar break down the mindset and tools you need to create engaging presentations that will have clients hanging on every word.
Ready to dive in? Here’s what we’re covering in this episode of The CoLab:
- [00:29] When giving a presentation, there’s a good chance others are looking up to you as a thought leader, a person who can bring expertise and influence to a topic.
- [09:13] Presentations are a common way of earning business, but it takes the right skills and tools to be a successful presenter.
- [15:00] Presenting is a mindset. It takes more than preparation and memorization. A successful presentation is more than an information dump—it’s an experience that offers value to those viewing it.
- [23:03] Creativity will set you apart from other businesses, but it shouldn’t stop at how your presentation looks. Incorporate thought-provoking questions, games, and personal stories into presentations to transform your meeting into an experience.
- [27:41] The right tools and platform can upgrade not only your presentation’s appearance but also add engaging activities, videos, and other content that will keep clients engaged.
To learn more about resources mentioned in this podcast, click on the product names below:
- Kahoot, a game-based learning platform.
- Prezi, a virtual presentation software.
- PowToon, a visual communication platform.